Sunday, January 2, 2011

Why on earth didn't I invent Facebook?

You think it's because I wasn't a super-smart nerd as Zuckerberg? Or you think it's because I wasn't at the Harvard? Honestly, I think it's none of these. First, you don't have to be super-smart to build what Facebook initially was. Putting it together is pretty goddamn simple. Second, Harvard had nothing to do with the making -- of the site or of the moronic mind that conceived it. If at all there was something, it only was the wide social-savvy user network Harvard had in place. So, the question goes again -- Why didn't I?!

I hate to get convinced with the common it-just-wasn't-meant-to-happen-that-way. And I'm hoping to write back on figuring out more convincing answers. Even if it's just for the heck of it.

(It's Sunday -- I know I got time to kill on worthless pursuits. Lol)

1 comment:

  1. I think most breakthroughs end up being regarded "revolutionary" because of the ideas behind them and not their execution. Your question here was answered quite well by your GChat status a while ago--why on earth didn't you think of Facebook? It's perhaps as simple and as complex at that. Most of us never have such flashes of brilliance--maybe for something as lame as lack of time--and so stories like that of Facebook don't emerge everyday. Once you know what you need to do, you sure as hell will figure out a way to do it. It's often the knowing part that's difficult; most of us never even get there.

    On another note, it could perhaps be attributed to intellectual laziness. While reading about the movie 'The Social Network,' instead of dreaming of Zuckerberg-esque ideas, I caught myself wondering why the potential Priscilla Chan in me hasn't been snapped up by some hotshot in the making. (Or maybe that speaks of some subconsciously ingrained domesticated sexist ambitions, which this space isn't enough to discuss. :D )

    I am looking forward to what answers you might come up with. Another post soon, pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete